How to Do Kegel Exercises For Men
Building up the Kegel – pubococcygeus (PC) muscles can help both genders deal with urinary and fecal incontinence, and also aiding men prevent erection dysfunction and early ejaculation. Practice a group of straightforward physical exercises that and form the basis of PC muscle workout routine.
How to locate your Kegel muscle
The pubococcygeus muscle forms the floor of the pelvic stretches and cavity like a hammock from the pubic bone to the bottom of the spine. Pretend that you are urinating, then try to stop the flow with a quick muscle contraction. That muscle you just used to stop the flow from the bladder is your PC muscle. Try to keep your thigh and abdomen muscles calm and concentrate only on the PC muscle.
Starting Kegel Exercises
- Bend the PC muscle 20 times. Maintain it for one or 2 seconds every time, then relieve. Do this again 3 times each day, 3 to 4 times weekly. Inhale and exhale normally while doing this exercise and try to avoid keeping your breath.
- Add ten really slow squeezes to each set. Take five seconds to slowly squeeze your PC as tight as you can. Now hold the tension for a full five seconds, if possible, and release gradually over the next five seconds.
Intermediate Kegel Exercises
- Clench your PC muscle longer and more. After about two weeks, you should be able to stretch your PC muscle easier and for longer durations. Like any muscle in the body, it responds to stimulus and grows with use. Next, try upping the length of the flex and go for more flexes.
- Instead of a one or two second hold, try to clench your PC muscle for five to seven seconds.
- Instead of twenty reps, three times a day, trying shooting for 50 reps, three times a day.
- When you get used to it, you’ll should find out how to clench your penis and anus sphincter muscle individually or simultaneously.
- Perform the PC tremble workout. Start tightening your PC muscle very gradually. So, slowly, in fact, that it takes you several minutes to work up to the stage where you are fully tightening. Now that you are completely clenching, clench a bit more and maintain it there for 30 seconds, inhaling and exhaling slowly all the while. When you feel the burn, release and do 20 normal PC clenches. Perform this exercise at the end of your PC workouts for the day.
- Do the PC stutter exercise. All this is flexing your PC muscle in increments. Tighten your PC a bit by bit. Start off gently – hold the PC there for a little bit – then a bit more then “gentle.” When you have stuttered your PC all the way up to a full clench, don’t release the muscle fully; work gently back down, first releasing a little bit, then a bit more, and so on. Imagine that you are running up and down a staircase with your PC muscle.
- If you’re a guy, do PC muscle exercises with an erection. There are several PC muscle exercises you can perform as a male with an erection, and they mostly involve resistance training.
- By squeezing the PC muscles, place a small towel over your erect penis and lift the towel up. Hold for 2-5 seconds, relax, and repeat 30 times.
- Place your hand one or two inches above your erect penis. Clench your PC muscle to lift your erection up to your hand. Hold for 2-5 seconds, relax, and repeat 30 times.
- Place your hand one or two inches above your erect penis again. Clench your PC muscle to lift your erection up to your hand. This time, gently push your hand down while you lift your penis up, creating resistance. Hold for 2-5 seconds, relax, and repeat 30 times.
- Don’t overexercise. Combine any of the basic and intermediate exercises together, but only flex your PC muscles for 50 reps and 3 sets per day. Overstimulation can result in muscle fatigue.
- Do PC muscle exercises with your partner. Doing PC exercises while having sex can be productive and fun. The man partner gets erect, penetrates the female, and the pair take turns doing PC muscle exercises – he flexes, then she flexes, and so on. Just make sure that your partner is as keen on doing exercise as you are.
- Perform the Kegel squeeze with an penile erection. Massage the penis til you have a harder erection. Progressively massage your penis until you are in the edge of ejaculation. End massaging instantly and begin contracting your PC muscles. Once your erection begins to go flaccid, massage your penis until you are at the brink of orgasm again. Contract your PC muscles and repeat until your PC muscles are adequately worked.
- If you accidentally orgasm during this exercise, your PC muscles probably aren’t strong enough for advanced exercises yet. Before moving on to the advanced sets, focus on mastering the intermediate techniques.
- Do the blitz PC exercise. This one is very hard to do, because it involves different clenching strengths and variable reps. Find yourself a spot where you’ll feel comfortable for 10-20 minutes. Remember to breathe as you exercise.
- Do 50 PC clenches as a warm-up.
- Next, squeeze your PC muscle as tightly as you can, holding for 30 seconds.
- Next, perform 100 PC clenches without resting. Clench for two seconds, relax for two seconds, and so on.
- Next, try clenching your PC muscle as tightly as you can. Shoot for 1 minute of gut-wrenching clenching.
- Rest for two minutes.
- Next, do 50 5-second clenches where you slowly relax at the end. Your workout is finally finished!
Some tips and tricks
- Because exercising your PC muscle requires internal movements and is virtually invisible to the people around you, you can do it almost anywhere–for instance, while sitting in a car or lying in bed.
- A PC muscle workout is like any other workout. The harder you work, the faster and more impressive the results.
- Kegel exercises and PC muscle workouts are similar.
- The exercises may be a bit difficult at first. Be persistent, and try to eventually work up to the maximum number of repetitions. It may take you a few days, or even a few weeks, to get there.
- Like any other muscle, the PC muscle can become strained or fatigued. Stop immediately if you feel any pain while doing the PC muscle exercises.